Monday, July 30, 2012

Kirby's Return to Dreamland

Kirby's Return to Dreamland (video game)

Nintendo, 2011 (ESRB rated E 10+ for mild cartoon violence)

Genre: Adventure, Platform, Video Games

Honors: unknown

Review: Building upon the original Kirby's Dreamland, a two-dimensional platform game released by Nintendo for the NES in 1992, Nintendo recently released a sequel story arc, with more game play features, for the Nintendo Wii. Along with a new quest, Kirby fans will have the opportunity to share in the adventure with some new features such as multi-player (up to four players at a time), old enemies become Kirby's allies, and each character has never-before-seen skills.

Opinion: As a veteran gamer, I can say that this game requires some pretty well-developed hand-eye coordination for successful game play. My brother introduced me to this game and we played it through to the end, but he did most of the legwork and I did a whole lotta laughing. I feel confident that Nintendo console fans of any age would like this game, from older kids to young adults.

Ideas: If I ever get a chance to hold a video game contest event, this would be on my list of games to choose from. It is accessible and fun for such a broad range of ages, and both boys and girls will find it interesting, so I think it would attract a lot of different people to compete.

No comments:

Post a Comment